Each of our sites has their own Parent Committee made up of current Head Start parents. Meetings are held once a month to discuss issues and points of interest.
Parent Committees’ duties include:
- Curriculum planning
- Planning for field trips
- Planning social activities for parents
- Organizing parent workshops and trainings
Head Start’s Policy Council meets on a monthly basis and consists of Head Start administrators, community members, and Parent Committee representatives from all three sites.
Policy Council’s duties include:
- Recruiting community members
- Interviewing prospective employees
- Reviewing service plans and policies
- Discussing and approving the DHHS Grant (Budget)
- Exchanging information with Parent Committees and PSFC Board of Directors